Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Starting a Kidmin Blog

I have decided, I have a lot to say for one little blog...and I'd like to expand my horizons and post a bit on my job and how I see Children's ministry!  It is an important job that I do not take lightly and I look forward to expanding and learning with all of you!

I believe Jesus thinks Children's Ministry is pretty important, too...He said so Himself, "And calling to him a child, he put him in the midst of them and said, “Truly, I say to you, unless you turn and become like children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. Whoever humbles himself like this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven. Whoever receives one such child in my name receives me, but whoever causes one of these little ones who believe in me to sin, it would be better for him to have a great millstone fastened around his neck and to be drowned in the depth of the sea."
(Matthew 18:2-6 ESV)

A lot of my blog will be postings about things I like, don't like, things I am learning, things that worked or didn't work with the kids, etc.

I love all things Orange and use 252Basics and First Look curriculum.  I also venture out and write curriculum on my own for our Wednesday night discipleship program for kids called "Pathways" and I also write curriculum for our Christian Education portion of our Weekday Education program.  It is busy, for sure!!

Come along and feel free to join in, add your comments, and what you like to do with your KidMin!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your comments! I will try to answer any questions and look forward to getting to know you more!