Monday, August 6, 2012

Dreams for Children's Ministry

Sometimes I read things and they just resonate so deeply with me.  I have been dreaming about our children's ministry program lately.  Dreaming of things to come.  Dreaming with God about it all.  And then I read these words from Wayne Stocks.  What he has to say just resounds in my spirit--makes me dream more for our kids.  I just wanted to share it with you all.  Pray with me about our children's ministry!

Ephesians 3:20-21 Now to him who is able to do far more abundantly than all that we ask or think, according to the power at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, forever and ever. Amen.



I dream of a day when our children’s ministry is so God honoring that he will bless us with numbers of kids that we would think unfathomable right now.  I dream of a day when volunteers will be lined up begging for an opportunity to help out in the children’s ministry.  I dream of a time when the kids and leaders in our ministry are so bathed in prayer that they have to come up for air.  I dream of a time when the members of our church view children and youth as the church of today that they are rather than the church of tomorrow.
I dream of the day where the church and parents will work together for the good of their kids and for the glory of God.  I dream of the day where parents are so involved in the lives of their children that they can speak into their children’s lives.  I dream of a day where parents yearn for wisdom to share the gospel and grace of God with their kids; and I dream of a day where the church embraces its responsibility to equip parents to do just that.
I dream of a day where every child is given the gospel every time they are in church and shown how it applies to their lives in such a way that they can make it their own.  I dream of a day when parents talk to their kids about their need for a Savior and God’s provision.  I dream of a day where kids are encouraged to question their faith and given thoughtful and honest answers.  I dream of day where the cross is central to all we do and kids are excited about the Bible.  I dream of a day when parents will talk to their kids about Christ not as “something else I need to teach them about” but as a central part of their daily lives.  I dream of a day where kids will see their parents and leaders living an authentic faith that they will want to mimic and emulate.  I dream of the day when we, as teachers and disciplers of children, will effectively and engagingly walk kids through the Bible and unpack for them page by page, book by book, and story by story, what the Bible tells us about Christ.  I dream of a day when kids will experience the transformative power of the cross for themselves.
I have big dreams.  There is no doubt about it.  Fortunately for me, I have a God who is infinitely bigger than even my dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your comments! I will try to answer any questions and look forward to getting to know you more!